Thursday, October 26, 2006

Entdecken von Musik

Since The masTer of inTrospecTion Teddy T has given up The Postal Service (take a look at his blog), I must take the dropped flag and push GiveUp album. So, patches and ´cerpts from a patchy band.

Nothing Better is too much into the 80's for me... its lyrics is a reminder of how much of a bloody oligochaete you can become during a breakup... and it is not as joyful as the tune. Still I must confess I saw my inside homevideo repeat during Clark Gable... a clear sign of unrecovery.

I want so badly to believe that there is truth, that love is real.

And the way the tunes begin soft as a warm whisper that's just about to tell you how fucked up you're, but personally and particularly fucked up... and yet I found them reeking of selfishness and selfpityness.

How can you just walk away from me
When all I can do is watch you leave?

Cause we shared the laughter and the pain
And even shared the tears


The intros of Be Still My Heart and Brand new Colony are hypnotizing... and finally... the two most played ones are indeed the best: the intro of We Will Become Silhouettes is great to see the sunrise while facing the cold north wind and think of a joyful apocalypsis already accepted... Such Great Heights intro and tempo worked terribly for me while walking in the rain along Gingko biloba streets down the empire´s capital, it forces you to draw a warm smile across your face... when I follow the lyrics I feel foolish, nostalgically hoping (or erratically remembering?) I was in love.

I am thinking it's a sign that the freckles
In our eyes are mirror images and when
We kiss they're perfectly aligned
And I have to speculate that God himself
Did make us into corresponding shapes like
Puzzle pieces from the clay
And true, it may seem like a stretch, but
Its thoughts like this that catch my troubled
Head when you're away when I am missing you to death
When you are out there on the road for
Several weeks of shows and when you scan
The radio, I hope this song will guide you home.

When I read the review about The Flaming Lips´new album in their webpage (written by Coyne) I was angry. Deeply, frustratingly angry about them showing their true Oklahoma's self. I quote textually (or at least copy&pastextually) from "Free Radicals" review at flaminglips.com

Keep in mind that this is just a funny dream - these suicide bombers are clearly brainwashed religious fanaticals that are insane with their own agenda... they are beyond any pleads of reason and are not worthy of any sympathy

I decided not to buy the bloody record. After a couple of months of biting my nails out of curiosity, I decided to do something worse (evil deep laughter): To illegally download it and "damage your artist". Bloody shit of St. Patrick! I love the lads... The album is full of antibushit, and the paragraph above might seem as a preventive statement... which is worse. However I, in an uttermost merciful manner, forgive thy!... t'morrow I shall buy the fucking record. just a taste:

She's starting to live her life
From the inside out
The sound of failure calls her name
She's decided to hear it out
So go tell Britney and go tell Gwen
She's not tryin' to go against all them
'Cause she's too scared and she can't pretend
To understand where it begins or ends
Or what it means to be dead
It's just a sound going through your head
Let them go on

And, Terrible masTer of InTrospecTion: I think thou shan´t like this album, "still rock music" 's you once foretold... I ask you to appreciate the elegant distress of violence too sentimental to be rude and still deep in the 70´s...

2 Comments:

E said...

Cabrón no mames, neta que pasamos por periodos super similares y tanto que hasta escuchamos a las mismas bandas! Defiendo a Nothing Better porque esos somos todos los nice guys, aferrados, y la voz de la chica en la rola está llena de sentimiento. Ahi la cosa: llena de sentimiento.

A ellas también les duele y las amo porque tienen mas 'cohones'.


Por cierto que hoy mismo me trato de piratear el nuevo de los Flaming Lips -porque soy un pobretoncanaya. Sin duda es una banda chingonsisima.

Que globalizada la vida en estos días. Dos batos en anglolandias con problemas del corazón esuchando musica de otro wey (un anglo) que al salir a descubrir el mundo enfrentó la misma situación.
Que igual se pone el mundo occidental! Será que nos están manufacutando? Será que unos humanos macabros convencen a otros acerca de 'lo que deben de sentir' y lo logran?
O mas bien será que muy en el fondo de nuestra 'naturaleza humana' (checa el oximoron) está el milagro sangriento de la prueba última del desamor.

Lo que sigue es un misterio...

Jonah said...

Greaat post thankyou